Web World: Money-Saving Apps
(KTVI) – The secret to big savings this holiday season might be the smartphone in your pocket or your purse. Here’s a look at the top apps that will help you get the best price for everything on your holiday shopping list:
1. Red Laser — the free app works on IPhones, Androids and Windows phones. Red Laser allows you to compare prices on an item by scanning its barcode or searing by voice or image.
2. Decide – the free app uses price and modeling predictions to tell you either to head to the check-out counter or wait for a heavier discount. “Decide” says its predictions are right 77 percent of the time.
3. Coupon Sherpa – the app provides access to more than 100 mobile coupon codes.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon