Alton H.S. Evacuated For Threatening Message
ALTON, IL. (KTVI) – The Madison County Sheriff’s Department is reporting that the Alton high school was evacuated on Tuesday afternoon, after a threatening message was found.
The incident occurred at 1:20 pm, when school officials were notified of the threatening message. Administrators notified the schools Madison County Sheriffs Resource Officer, who called for back-up.
Sheriff’s deputies conducted a search of the building and determined the school was safe for students and faculty to return to classes.
Investigators from the Madison County Sheriff’s Office are investigating the incident.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media