Mearl Justus Calls It A Career
BELLEVILLE, IL. (KTVI) – St. Clair County Sheriff Mearl Justus has decided to call it a career, according to published reports. The Belleville News Democrat says, the eight term sheriff resigned Tuesday in a resignation letter to St. Clair County Board.
Justus has been sheriff in St. Clair County for 30-years, starting his career in law enforcement with the Cahokia Police Department. Mearl has been fixture in law enforcement community for almost 60-years.
Justus recently underwent gall bladder surgery. He turned 81 earlier this month.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash