Uplands Park Police Department to Shut Down Saturday
UPLANDS PARK, MO (KTVI) – FOX 2 has learned that the Uplands Park police department will close Saturday night. According to police chief Stephen Abbington, the shut down will happen at 11:59 p.m. and eight employees will be out of work.
The Board of the Directors for the city made the decision Monday night. The chief calls it an illegal takeover and says the village still owes officers back pay. Now the chief says Velda City police will be running patrols.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified