Mayor Slay Gives Minorities, Women More Construction Job Opportunities
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – A planned protest turned into a celebration of sorts after St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay issued and executive order giving minorities and women more construction jobs.
Slay signed the order on Wednesday just before a planned protest by MOKAN, a group that advocates for increased minority inclusion on construction projects in the St. Louis area.
Executive Order #46 requires that 25 percent of labor hours on city projects great than $1 million dollars be performed by minorities. The order also extends the labor hours to five percent for women and that 20 percent of those hours be performed by St. Louis City residents.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash