Adam Lanza Identified As Connecticut School Shooting Suspect
WASHINGTON (AP) – A law enforcement official says the suspect in the Connecticut school shootings is 20-year-old Adam Lanza, the son of a teacher at the school where the shootings occurred. A second law enforcement official says the boy’s mother, Nancy Lanza, is presumed dead.
The first official says Adam Lanza’s older brother, 24-year-old Ryan, of Hoboken, N.J., is being questioned by police. An earlier report from a law enforcement official mistakenly transposed the brothers’ first names.
Both officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak on the record about the developing crimina investigation.
The first official said Adam Lanza is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
By PETE YOST – Associated Press
- Two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville school bus accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media