Police: Your Survival Depends On Reaction Time
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Police have changed their approach to these mass shootings since columbine. They say the public must change its outlook about these potentially dangerous situations.
When in a public place, police remind people that your survival may depend on you being aware of your surroundings and your ability to respond quickly.
“Be ready to run if you can, get out of the danager zone, If you can’t do that we want you to hide. Put yourself where you can take cover, something that will give you some protection. Then last case fight, be prepared to protect you and protect your loved ones.” said Captain Steve Lewis.
Capain Lewis says people should not live in fear but know where the exits are when entering a public place and watch the people around you.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims