St. Louis Schools Share Plans To Deal With Shooters
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – The Parkway School District revealed details to Fox 2 of it has prepared for the possibility of a school shooting.
The details come in response to a shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday.
“It is a dark day for schools all across America,” Parkway Chief of Security Frank Crawford said.
Parkway performs “intruder drills” several times a year.
“The drills include locking classroom doors, listening for directions on loud speaker and hiding in safe places,” Crawford said.
Crawford also said the district has a crisis management team that will be meeting with area law enforcement officers to find out if there is anything that can be learned from Friday’s tragedy.
“We just never want to see this thing happen,” he said.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Baby falls out of car onto roadway