Kelly DeVere: Talking With Kids About Tragedy
(KTVI) – As children head back to school Monday, especially elementary and middle school, there may be some anxiety about heading back to the classroom in wake of Friday’s tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.
Licensed Family Therapist Kelly DeVere talks about handling this very delicate situation with your children.
Visit KelleyDeVere.com for more information and tips.
•Offer assurance. Do NOT dismiss their emotions, but rather, validate them
•Teach them how to comfort themselves and build their own internal strength
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Two killed in double motorcycle crash in Wentzville
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight