Fallen Washington County Deputy Laid To Rest
POTOSI, MO (KTVI)– A final farewell was held Wednesday for a Washington County sheriff’s deputy killed on duty.
Potosi and the surrounding area are still in shock by the death of Deputy Sheriff Christopher Parsons.
In the cold December breeze, family, friends and fellow officers came to say goodbye.
Deputy Parsons had served with the Washington County sheriff office for only two months before he was shot and killed responding to an emergency call.
Although Parsons was a new officer, he still made a big impact upon his fellow officers.
It’s not something that’s supposed to happen here, especially to a young officer just two months on the job.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media