LeeAnn Rimes Defends Herself After “Drunken” X-Factor Rumor
(CNN) — LeAnn Rimes swung by “The X Factor” Wednesday night to duet with a young contestant, but the reaction hasn’t been kind.
The 30-year-old singer was tasked with performing a rendition of “How Do I Live Without You” with Carly Rose Sonenclar, yet Rimes’ actions and vocal rough patches led some to conclude that she may have been less than sober.
Speaking with TMZ, Rimes said those assumptions couldn’t be further from the truth.
Any oddball behavior that viewers picked up on were her attempts to “help this 13-year-old girl who was having some trouble with the song,” Rimes said.
Rimes’ lawyer added to TMZ that she “was not performing the way she would normally perform because she was on stage with a young girl.”
™ & © 2012 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims