Power Outage During Storm May Be To Blame For Deaths
MADISON COUNTY, IL (KTVI)– Two local women may have died because of power outages during Thursday’s winter storm.
Sandra Brinker of Troy and Shirley Spruill of Alton both had medical conditions that required oxygen from electric powered units.
The Madison County coroner says it’s not clear if the outages played a role. But the fact the area had two similar deaths under similar circumstances is cause for action.
He is asking people who rely on oxygen to notify their local police or fire departments as a precaution.
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota