Hidden Valley Opens For The Season
WILDWOOD, MO (KTVI) – If you want to see snow on the ground then Hidden Valley seems to be the place to be right now.
The Wildwood ski resort had enough cold weather this past week to make enough snow to open.
“The conditions are good right now,” said snow boarder Jack McClure.
The opening is an opportunity for the ski resort to show off its $2 million dollar expansion.
The expansion included a new four-person chair lift that`s 1,700 feet long and a new trail called “Route 66.”
“I`ve go a real good feeling for the week coming up,” said Hidden Valley general manager Bill Brandes.
Hidden Valley was unable to open during Christmas week 2011. The weather was too warm.
This year winter breakers will be able to ski or snow board. Hidden Valley will be closed for Christmas Eve but will open at 6pm on Christmas Day.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police investigating apparent murder suicide at Babler State Park