Couple Robbed, Beaten In South County Home
MEHLVILLE, MO (KTVI) – Police in St. Louis County and City scrambled to find who beat a couple in their south St. Louis County home and if the suspects planned to rob their businesses.
St. Louis County Police sent officers to the house on Forder Ridge Drive and Crosswood Drive just before 7:30am Monday. Officers said at least two black males kicked in the front door. One had a shotgun. The homeowners (a man and his wife) were beaten.
Police also said the suspects took an undisclosed amount of money and the alarm codes to at least two businesses the couple owns in St. Louis City.
The woman was able to walk to an ambulance, but she was bloody and had what looked like a pillowcase over her head. Her husband came out on a stretcher.
County police said paramedics took both victims to the hospital with minor head injuries. Officers called St. Louis city police to check on the couple’s businesses there.
The suspects are still on the loose.
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota