Couple Robbed, Beaten In South County Home
MEHLVILLE, MO (KTVI) – Police in St. Louis County and City scrambled to find who beat a couple in their south St. Louis County home and if the suspects planned to rob their businesses.
St. Louis County Police sent officers to the house on Forder Ridge Drive and Crosswood Drive just before 7:30am Monday. Officers said at least two black males kicked in the front door. One had a shotgun. The homeowners (a man and his wife) were beaten.
Police also said the suspects took an undisclosed amount of money and the alarm codes to at least two businesses the couple owns in St. Louis City.
The woman was able to walk to an ambulance, but she was bloody and had what looked like a pillowcase over her head. Her husband came out on a stretcher.
County police said paramedics took both victims to the hospital with minor head injuries. Officers called St. Louis city police to check on the couple’s businesses there.
The suspects are still on the loose.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Baby falls out of car onto roadway