Three Check Cashing Burglary Suspects Captured
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Three burglary suspects ran from police overnight in North St. Louis. They did not get far.
St. Louis Metropolitan Police said there were ‘several’ foot chases near Kingshighway Boulevard and Bircher Avenue just before 2:00am Monday after the burglar alarm at the ‘Tax King’ check-cashing office sounded and notified police dispatch.
The first responding officer saw three suspects running from the scene. More officers quickly started a search. They ran all over the area, including on Bircher closer to Interstate 70.
Police chased one man in an alley about a mile away on Union Boulevard between Bircher and Lillian Avenues. Officers found two more suspects nearby.
Investigators reportedly found a sledgehammer near the scene and evidence someone forced their way into the building
The “Tax King” cashes checks and issues payday loans. City police said they called managers to take an inventory and report any missing items.
These three suspects could be charged with burglary. Other charges are possible.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Baby falls out of car onto roadway