Appeals Court Upholds Ruling In 30 Year Old Murder Case
George Allen After Being Released From Prison
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– A Missouri appeals court denied the attorney general’s appeal to overturn a judge’s order that released a man who had been imprisoned for nearly 30 years.
In November, a Cole County judge overturned George Allen Jr’s conviction saying he didn’t get a fair trial because evidence was with-held from his original trial.
Allen was convicted of killing Mary Bell in 1982.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash