Snow Falls Throughout St. Louis Area
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– In some areas the salt trucks and plows are on the roads. IDOT officials say 5:00 p.m. was the deadline for trucks to get on the road salting and plowing.
Everything from Madison County south was pre-treated earlier in the day, and that was designed to handle the early flakes, which began falling a little bit before 4:00 p.m.
About 50 trucks are on the road in this area, with the most attention being paid to the southern part of the district, in Columbia and further down toward Waterloo, Illinois.
While the snow can create traffic headaches, FOX 2 found this particular batch, the first to really cover the ground in our area this year, is being greeted like a long lost friend.
In Pevely, FOX 2 saw the first snow falling lightly around 2:00 p.m. It finally picked up at about 3:00 p.m.
A lot of people had not heard the updated forecast and didn’t know snow was coming.
The main roads in Pevely had already been pre-treated Friday morning by MoDOT and as the snow continues to build, you’ll see more salt trucks and plows on the road.
- Two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville school bus accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media