MoDOT Prepares For Next Round Of Snow
ST. LOUIS (KTVI) – MoDOT plans on using some 200 snow plows and nearly 400 employees to keep streets clear on New Year`s Eve.
Some snow melting salt is still on area highways, leftover from Friday`s round of snow.
The difficult part about planning for snow this winter has been that St. Louis has been right on the bubble of several different weather scenarios.
“So we always prepare for the worst,” said MoDOT`s Becky Allmeroth.
Part of the preparation this year includes spraying roads a liquid salt instead of rock salt.
Allmeroth says the liquid is another reason to stay back from the plows while they are on the road.
“Because if it gets on your car it won`t hurt anything but a little soap and water is going to be needed to take it off.”
She asked drivers to stay a few hundred feet away from plows on New Year`s Eve.
As of Sunday night the forecast indicated a possibility of 1-3 inches of snow for the St. Louis area on New Year`s Eve.
Allmeroth said the snow could continue into the early morning hours of Tuesday.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims