“Batman” Shooting Conspiracy Theory Cancels VA School
GILES COUNTY, Va. (WDBJ7.com) – On Wednesday, most students will head back to school but not those in Giles County. They were suppose to return to class but school was canceled after an online article raised concerns about safety.
The article is entitled: The Next School Massacre Target?” It’s posted on a website that caters to conspiracy theories and UFOs.
“We have to take this as serious information,” says Giles County Sheriff Morgan Millirons.
The article connects the Colorado movie theater shooting to last month’s shooting in Connecticut and then to Narrows, Va.
The author uses a scene in the latest Batman movie that shows a map of attack sites. One is called Sandy Hook, the other is Narrows. The author writes that it’s plausible schools in Narrows, Virginia might be in danger.
“We just want to emphasize that no threat has been made to any school system here in Giles County,” says Sheriff Millirons.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Police investigating apparent murder suicide at Babler State Park