Frank Bommarito Working To Stop Distracted Driving
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Frank Bommarito has felt the effects of distracted driving first hand. He was involved in a minor accident by someone who admitted to being distracted by talking on their cell phone.
Like many other drivers he never thought too much about how dangerous distracted driving can be. Frank even admits in a recently released YouTube video that he has missed an exit or two while talking on the phone.
But, this is a serious problem. The secretary of transportation recently reported that 16 percent of all US automotive fatalities are caused by distracted driving.
Now the Bommarito Automotive Group Founder is raising awareness about the dangers of cell phone use while driving. He has made a PSA and is running it on local TV stations to highlight the dangers of talking on a cell phone and operating a motor vehicle. He has asked his family and his employees to refrain from using cell phones while driving.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash