Police Seize $1000 Bottle Of Champagne And Marijuana
PINE LAWN, Mo (KTVI) – A quick thinking Pine Lawn police officer made quite a find today on I-70 after pulling over a motorist on a routine traffic stop. Chief Rickey Collins confirms to Fox 2 the officer pulled over a car on I-70 near Jennings Station Road around 1:30 p.m. this afternoon. After approaching the car, the officer noticed the driver was acting strange. As the cop peered into the car, he saw several bags of what appeared to be marijuana sticking out from under the front seat.
The officer asked for permission to inspect the car and found more marijuana. A K-9 officer was brought in to help search, and police recovered nearly a half pound of marijuana stashed in the car. In addition, police recovered a bottle of champagne that Collins says is valued at around $1000.00. The champagne and marijuana are in the evidence locker for safe keeping. Police will seek warrants on the driver of the car tomorrow. Collins credited his officers on patrol along I-70 for the arrest and seizure, and he warned other criminals that his aggressive stops on I-70 will continue.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search