Belleville Police Lift Ban On Denny’s
BELLEVILLE, IL (KTVI)– Belleville Police Chief William Clay has lifted the ban that kept on-duty officers away from the Denny’s restaurant on South Illinois.
The chief issued the ban after a plain-clothes police officer was asked to remove their gun inside the restaurant.
A Denny’s official met with police Thursday and assured them Denny’s welcomes any law enforcement officer to carry their weapons while inside a Denny’s.
The restaurant called the situation a “misunderstanding.”
Denny’s customers tell Fox 2 they are “glad” the ban is over.
“For both parties, it is good to move on,” Madonna Woy said.
Corey Miller said he thinks the incident likely taught everyone a
“You just have to understand that police officers are here to help,” he said.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims