Daniel Boone Bridge Construction Project Begins
ST. CHARLES, MO (KTVI)– The days are numbered for drivers using the old westbound lanes of the Boone Bridge.
MoDOT broke ground to build a new westbound Daniel Boone Bridge Thursday morning.
The new bridge will replace the three narrow lanes on the original bridge built in 1935.
The $110 million bridge will be built upriver, causing little traffic impact.
The bridge will have wider lanes and a special path for pedestrians.
MoDOT expects traffic to be on the new bridge by late 2014 and then will take down the old bridge in 2015.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims