Family Day At Chess Hall Of Fame
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Lots of kids love to play Super Mario Bros video games. But did you know that Super Mario Bros. love to play chess? They do and so does Luke Skywalker, Miss Piggy, and the Dave Matthews Band. Claire Grothe, the educational program manager at the World Chess Hall of Fame in St. Louis, brought a fun version of the game to play with Tim.
Kids and parents can go to the World Chess Hall of Fame to learn more about the game at their Free Family Day.
Power in Check on the 3rd floor shows how presidents have played the game and even has the only set that is known to belong to George Washington.
Everybody’s Game on the 2nd floor is about chess in pop culture, which is where the Mario Brothers set is displayed along with Star Wars, the Muppets, Winnie the Pooh, and several others.
Screwed Moves on the 1st floor is a room-sized wall drawing done by nine local artists who ‘lived’ in the gallery for two weeks while they completed it. The artists will be there Saturday to talk to kids and work with them on creating their own masterpiece with a customized t-shirt.
Free Family Day
World Chess Hall of Fame
4652 Maryland Ave in CWE
11:00am & 1:00pm
special kids-eye tour of 3 galleries
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims