Dog Rescued From Icy Pond
WILDWOOD, MO (KTVI)-Firefighters with the Monarch Fire Protection District pulled off a dramatic rescue Saturday. They were able to rescue of a dog that had fallen into the icy water of a pond in Wildwood.
The pooch, named Gretchen, had likely walked out on the ice on the pond, about 60 feet from shore, where she fell into the water. Firefighter Chris Marshall crawled onto the ice, got into the water, and grabbed Gretchen. He was tethered to a rope as he slid across the ice back to safety, with Gretchen in tow.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash