1.1 Billion Dollar Spanish Lotto Winners Drawn
(FOX News) – 1.1 billion dollars is how much top ticket holders are taking home from Spain’s Epiphany lottery.
The “El Nino” lottery is drawn each year on January 6th when Spain celebrates the Feast of the Epiphany. The Epiphany refers to when the three kings of orient visited baby Jesus bearing gifts. This year’s top prize tickets were sold in Alicante, Leon, Madrid, Murcia and Tenerife.
Cheering crowds gathered outside this ticket office in Madrid after selling two hundred tickets. Spain’s most lucrative lottery, “El Gordo” is held annually on December 22nd.
Last year it brought in 1.3 billion dollars in prize money.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media