Details Emerging About Shortened NHL Season
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – The NHL has come to a tentative agreement and games could start as soon as January 19th. That is according to reports coming from ESPN and the Ottowa Sun. Elliotte Friedman of the CBC says the shortened 2013 season should have 48 games per team. No schedule has been released by the NHL yet. The league is still hammering out a collective bargaining agreement between players and management.
Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com says that there is a chance the season could start as soon as Jan. 15.
NHL sent out memo to teams tonight saying Jan 19 puck drop is most probable, however if ratification process goes fast, Jan 15 still in play—
Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) January 07, 2013
NHL board of governors may not approve this deal until Wednesday in New York. Leaning towards a 48-game schedule starting Jan. 19.—
Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) January 07, 2013
Previous: Tentative Deal Reached In NHL Lockout
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota