Smartphones Sales Soaring
(FOXNEWS BUSINESSES) – AT&T Inc. (T) sold more than 10 million smartphones in the fourth quarter, topping its previous record of 9.4 million smartphones set a year earlier.
The telecommunications company said it averaged more than 110,000 smartphone sales a day.
AT&T’s wireless division has seen higher revenue and less turnover thanks in part to the increased use of smartphones. The company has said strong consumer demand for Apple Inc.’s (AAPL) iPhone 5 should help it meet its goal of selling at least 25 million smartphones this year.
The company plans to release its fourth-quarter results after market close on Jan. 24.
AT&T’s third-quarter profits edged up 0.3% as the number of new wireless contract subscribers slowed.
Copyright © 2013 Dow Jones Newswires
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota