White House Beer Sold For $1,200
MINNEAPOLIS, MN – The White House brews its own beer using a unique recipe. Bottles of those beers were being handed out during the Obama’s campaign for reelection.
Brad Magerkurth 42, is a home brewer beer salesman for the Artisan Beer Company in Minneapolis. He just happened to get a bottle of White House Honey Ale during a chance encounter with the President’s motorcade. Now he’s decided to make the gift into a charitable donation. He was able to sell the bottle of ale for $1,200 at auction.
Ten people chipped in to share the 12 ounce bottle. They sampled the beer during a food and drink festival called Taste! at the University of Minnesota. The proceeds from the auction are going to the University’s Amplatz Children’s Hospital.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Baby falls out of car onto roadway