Yoda Statue At George Lucas’ New Park
SAN ANSELMO, CA – George Lucas’ park in downtown San Anselmo just got the green light. According to the Marin Independant Journal members of the planning commission gave unanimous approval for the project. The park will feature bronze statues of Indiana Jones and Yoda. The park’s fountain will be similar to the Yoda themed one at the Letterman Digital Arts Center in San Francisco.
The filmmaker donated the land for the 8,700-square-foot park. The building that stands there will be demolished at Lucas’ expense. A historic fresco will also be relocated.
George Lucas recently sold most of his entertainment holdings to the Disney company for four billion dollars.
Read more: http://www.marinij.com
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Baby falls out of car onto roadway