Miss New York Crowned Miss America 2013
(KTVI)-There is a new Miss America. Mallory Hytes Hagan, 23, from Brooklyn, New York, won the title Saturday night in Las Vegas. She won the judges over with her tap dance routine and her answer to a question about armed guards in schools, saying that she didn’t think the proper way to fight violence was with more violence.
Hagan is a student at The Fashion institute of Technology. She won a $50,000 scholarship.
Miss South Carolina finished first runner-up. Miss Oklahoma was second runner-up. Miss Illinois, Megan Ervin, made it into the Top 10.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Police investigating apparent murder suicide at Babler State Park