Man Killed After Car Slams Into Godfrey, IL Home
GODFREY, IL (KTVI) – A man in Godfrey, Illinois, was killed when an SUV crashed through the front of his house late Sunday night.
Around 10:30pm Sunday, officers got a call for a disturbance in the 200 block of Mercury Drive. Minutes later there was a 911 call for a car crashed into a home in the 100 block of Saturn Drive.
Marlin Bushnell, 73, who neighbors called “Bud”, was sitting in his favorite chair with his cats when the SUV slammed into his house on Saturn Drive.
Deputies say the person causing the disturbance on Mercury Drive took a family member’s keys and left the scene in that car. Police say the suspect missed a curve and the vehicle came up through the yard and into Bud Bushnell’s living room.
Bushnell died from his injuries.
Forty minutes after the crash, sheriff’s deputies found the suspect in the parking lot of the nearby Beer Barrel Pub at 7205 Monclaire Avenue
He is in custody, but his name has not been released because charges still need to be filed.
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Two killed in double motorcycle crash in Wentzville
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight