Manchester Water Main Break Repairs Expected To Last All Day
ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MO (KTVI) – A water main break led to icy conditions and a traffic mess on busy Manchester Road in unincorporated west St. Louis County.
The break happened around 5:00am Monday on Manchester Road at Manchester Meadows.
The busy thoroughfare was shut down both ways for a while crews got the water shut off and salted down the roadway where ice developed from the break.
Water was flowing out of the ground for some time.
A spokesperson with Missouri American Water says a 12-inch diameter water main broke.
We’re told water has been turned off and crews hope to have the repairs done by the evening rush hour.
We talked with one business owner who is completely without water.
Missouri American water says very cold river water hitting aging underground pipes likely caused the break.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media