Two More Businesses Hit By Smash & Grab Thieves
OLIVETTE, MO (KTVI) – They are at it again. Smash and grab robbers hit two more businesses overnight. One happened in South St. Louis. The other happened in Olivette.
The glass at Smoke Land on Olive in Olivette was shattered during the break-in and was boarded up by early Tuesday morning. Olivette Police say it all happened around 12:45 a.m. Olivette police are not releasing many details about what was taken in the robbery but it appears that a cash register is missing.
The Smoke Land owner says he does have surveillance video of the incident. There is no word on any suspects in this smash and grab.
The second incident happened about an hour earlier at a Subway store on South Grand and Shenandoah in South St. Louis. St. Louis police say one suspect smashed a window with a broke then stole the entire register.
Police say there was money in the cash drawer. Investigators say that crime was captured on surveillance video as well, but there is not a very detailed description of the suspect. This same Subway was robbed twice last last year. There was an arrest in those cases.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims