Cathedral Basilica Named One Of The Most Beautiful Churches In America
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Budget travel has named it’s most stunning churches in the United States. Some are as big as two football fields and others are tucked deep into the woods. America’s churches are as diverse as the country itself. The Cathedral Basilica in the Central West End made the list.
Construction of the Basilica started in 1908 and completed in 1914. The cathedral is named for Saint Louis and is a replacement for the previous Cathedral of St. Louis located along the Mississippi River.
The Cathedral Basilica is most well know for it’s beautiful Byzantine-inspired mosaics depicting the life of St. Louis.
See the full list: http://www.budgettravel.com
More info: cathedralstl.com
More churches on the list:
- The Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine – New York City
- Washington National Cathedral – Washington, D.C.
- St. Mary of the Angels – Chicago
- Cathedral of Saint Paul – St. Paul, MN
- Thorncrown Chapel – Eureka Springs, AR
- St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, at High Hill - High Hill, TX
- Memorial Presbyterian Church – St. Augustine, FL
- Cathedral-Basilica of St. Louis King of France – New Orleans, LA
- Grace Cathedral – San Francisco, CA
- Wayfarers Chapel – Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
- The Cathedral of Saint Andrew – Honolulu, HI