Northwestern Surprises Slumping Illini 68-54
For the second straight season, the Illinois basketball team’s conference season is going South. On Thursday night, Northwestern came into Assembly Hall and dominated the Illini 68-54. It’s the third straight conference loss for Illinois, dropping their league record to 1-4.
Northwestern was led in scoring by Reggie Hearn and his 20 points. St. Louis native Jared Swopshire added 12 points in the Wildcats win. Brandon Paul was Illinois’ leading scorer with 21 points.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search