Pevely Residents Picket Pure Pleasure Adult Store
PEVELY, MO. (KTVI) – Several Pevely residents protested outside “Pure Pleasure” adult store Friday.
They said they do not want the business in “their community.”
“It is demeaning to all humans,” Ann Maloney said.
The business opened in 2010, but the city denied it a license.
The owner sued the city, and in Dec. a federal judge sided with ‘Pure Pleasure.”
The business is not a “sexually oriented business,” according the judge.
It is within 1,000 feet of a school, which would be illegal if “Pure Pleasure” was considered a “sexually oriented” business.
“I can’t understand what the judge was thinking,” Maloney said.
The store sells lubricants and adult toys, but does not sell pornographic movies.
Maloney said residents plan to picket outside the store until it shuts down.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims