Illinois State Police Release Annual Crime Stats
COLLINSVILLE, IL (KTVI) – Illinois State Police are releasing their 2012 statistics Monday. District 11 troopers issued more than 25,000 citations and investigated 92 fatalities on the roadways.
Traffic stops resulted in more than 1300 criminal arrests including charges related to weapons, drug possession and trafficking. Authorities also seized 660 pounds of cannabis, 37 kilograms of cocaine, four pounds of heroin and 8.5 pounds of Ecstasy pills.
District 11 includes Madison, St. Clair, Clinton, Bond and Monroe counties.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search