Four Food Trends in 2013
(KTVI) – Is quality over quantity one of the new trends in dining? Smaller portions pack a powerful combination of taste and nutrition.
Grocery stores and food companies will offer new snacks with appropriate pre-portioned options to take the guesswork out of portion sizes. According to the NPD Group, more than half of Americans snack two to three times per day, while one in five eating occasions is a snack.
Registered dietitian Jen McDaniel discusses the four food trends she expects for 2013.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview