Social Resumes Are “In” For 2013
(KPLR) – Twitter users are now deciding to take to the site to connect with companies. Social media gives job seekers a chance to get the attention of potential employers.
Social media allows job seekers to send hiring managers QR codes or direct links to their resumes. By utilizing social media, job seekers are able promote themselves as being somewhat in-tune with the current trends of technology and communication. For those seeking careers such as IT professionals this trends’ importance is ever increasing.
Social media users should still be encouraged to use professionalism even when contacting companies through social media. The traditional resume format is not likely to be abandoned. Hiring managers expect to still see hard evidence of what the potential employee has to offer to the company and not just flashy bells and whistles.
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man charged after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Troy, MO police searching for missing middle school students