Semi-Truck Driver Hospitalized After Rollover Accident
WENTZVILLE, MO (KTVI) – A man from central Missouri was airlifted to a St. Louis – area hospital after crashing his tractor trailer in Wentzville overnight.
According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol accident report, 36-year-old Sean Cantwell, of Olean, Missouri, crashed on westbound Intersate-70 just before 11 Wednesday night. The rig flipped almost completely on its top.
While medics air-lifted Cantwell to the hospital, crews worked to flip the rig back over so it could be towed away. The Missouri Department of Transportation said he may have been hauling frozen foods.
Cantwell reportedly had just passed a number of other rigs, when he went off the right side of the road. He crashed in a ditch just west of Wentzville Parkway. Police shut down 70 for over five hours.
Cantwell left the highway in serious condition. But, doctors later upgraded him to satisfactory condition. No word on why Cantwell crashed.
Friend me on Facebook: facebook.com/KimHudsonTV
Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/kimhudsontv
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media