Muny Receives Largest Charitable Gift In History
FOREST PARK (KTVI)-The Muny has received a pledge of $3 million from Mr. and Mrs. James S. McDonnell, III through the JSM Charitable Trust. It is the largest gift ever received by the theater in its 95-year history.
The gift will go toward The Muny’s endowment and will allow the outdoor theatre to plan for capital improvements to the buildings and grounds and help with annual operating expenses. The gift represents fifteen percent of their overall $20 million endowment goal.
The Muny is currently undergoing a $600,000 renovation to upgrade its blower and fan systems.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead