Musial Family Shares Stories, Challenges Others In Eulogies
(KTVI)-Stan Musial’s funeral mass was held at the Cathedral Basilica. St. Louis Archbishop Robert Carlson was joined by Cardinal Timothy Dolan, a St. Louis native and Archbishop of New York, and other bishops for the service. Musial was eulogized by Bill Dewitt. Jr., Bob Costas, his grandson Andrew Edmonds, and his son-in-law Martin Schwarze.
Andrew Edmonds spoke on behalf of all Musial’s grandchildren saying that the “The Man” was just a normal grandfather who wanted simply to spend time with his grandkids. He challenged others to live by Stan’s model of kindness to all.
Martin Schwarze thanked the many people who helped to put the funeral and other remembrances together. He then shared family stories of trip to Poland and Austalia, along with some of Musial’s final moments.
Click here for more coverage of Stan “The Man” Musial
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview