Freezing Rain Leads To Icy Morning, Slippery Streets
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)- Cold rain pushing east met up with cold surface temperatures Sunday morning leading to icy conditions in many spots. A glaze quickly formed on untreated roads, sidewalks, driveways, and decks leading to slippery conditions. Police departments across the region responded to many reports of cars off the road. Social media websites like Facebook and Twitter featured lots of reports of people slipping and falling while heading out to grab the morning paper.
MoDOT and IDOT did have crews out treating the main highways and roads overnight Saturday into Sunday.
By mid-morning, temperatures began to warm above freezing and any ice began to melt. Temperatures will continue to rise through the evening and overnight hours into Monday, when we’ll see daytime highs well into the 60s.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search