Michigan Hands the Illini 3rd Straight Home Loss
The soon to be #1 ranked Michigan Wolverines came in to Champaign, Illinois on Sunday and handed the Illini their third straight loss at home, 74-60. Trey Burke scored 19 points to lead the Wolverines. Brandon Paul was Illinois’ lead scorer with 15 points. Michigan had built a double digit lead before the Illini rallied in the second half to get as close as 41-37. But Burke and Michigan dominated inside the paint and finished off Illinois.
The loss drops Illinois’ season record to 15-6 and just 2-5 in the Big Ten. Michigan improves to 19-1 and 6-1. They will be named the number one team in the College Basketball rankings on Monday after last week’s top team, Duke lost to Miami.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police investigating apparent murder suicide at Babler State Park