49ers’ Alex Smith is Expected to Seek Free Agency
Image Courtesy of Yahoo Sports
(KTVI) – There is talk that the 49ers will trade quarterback Alex Smith. The team can not afford the $8.5 million Smith is due to earn between now and April 1st.
According to a PTF source, the former starter plans to seek a release to be a free agency before the team has a chance to trade him. PTF says it is a risky move for the player as he will lose the $8.5 million he would be paid if his contract was traded.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media