Missing Mother Arrested For Child Endangerment
FENTON, MO (KTVI) – St. Louis County police were searching for Denise Cooke after her 9-year-old son was found alone in a motel room at the Stratford Inn. They arrested her for child endangerment after she returned to the room. Investigators have not revealed how long her son was left alone. But Cooke was last seen around 4 a.m.
She said she went out for some drinks and had no intention of leaving her son alone as long as she did.
Police were called when Cooke’s things were found by the employees of a local business. The investigation led police to the boy inside the motel.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon