Bradley Cooper Open To Playing Lance Armstrong
(CNN) — The inevitable Lance Armstrong biopic already has an interested star: Bradley Cooper.
The Oscar-nominated “Silver Linings Playbook” actor told BBC News that he “would be interested” in portraying Armstrong in a movie.
According to Deadline, a film of that nature is already in the works. The site reported last week that Paramount Pictures and Bad Robot’s J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk purchased movie rights to a book proposal about the cyclist’s rise to heroic status and his subsequent fall from grace.
Cooper hasn’t had any talks about taking on such a role, but if the production ever came calling for the 38-year-old actor, he’s certainly game.
“I think he’s fascinating. What a fascinating character,” Cooper told the BBC. “I remember thinking, ‘that would be a great character. I’d love to play that character.’ I would love to do something, I think he’s pretty fascinating.”
The-CNN-Wire™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims