Gunmen Rob Churchgoers During Sunday Service
EAST ST. LOUIS, IL (KTVI) – Police are looking for three masked gunmen who robbed members of an East St. Louis church during Sunday services.
East St. Louis police say they got a call shortly after 5:00 p.m. Sunday night saying three gunmen wearing bandanas walked into the Sunday evening service at Ira Grove Baptist Church and robbed people at gunpoint.
The church is located at 1701 Belmont. Witnesses say the three men made everyone lie on the floor and then proceeded to steal their cash and other valuables.
East St. Louis Police Chief Michael Floore thinks they are looking for three men from the area. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Chief Floore says investigators will try to talk to as many witnesses as possible Monday to get a better description of the robbers.
It’s believed that as many as 50 people were inside the church. Anyone with information is urged to call the East St. Louis Police Department or CrimeStoppers at 1-866-371 TIPS.
A $1000 reward is offered for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.
- Two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville school bus accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media