Illinois Convenes Firearms Working Group
(KTVI) – Illinois lawmakers are getting the chance to learn more about differing perspectives on gun ownership as they prepare to pass a concealed carry law. Lt. Governor Shelia Simon introduced members of the firearms working group Tuesday in Springfield.
Simon says about a dozen newly elected lawmakers in the general assembly wanted to join the group, including members from up and downstate.
The group’s goal is to better understand other viewpoints.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview